“I am Joaquín,” written and published by Rodolfo Corky Gonzales in 1967 is a seminal Chicana/o poem. The full text can be accessed in English here. It was the cornerstone of the Chicano Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s with its epic form, evocation of Chicana/o folk heroes, historical figures and religious icons. Today, the poem […]
I’m on Twitter!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Yo Soy Joaquín/I am Joaquín": Early Verbal, Visual and Machismo Expressions of Chicanismo
- A Review of Stephen King's 'The Breathing Method'
- A Review of Stephen King's The Long Walk (Written Under the Pseudonym, Richard Bachman)
- What I Learned from Adrienne Rich
- A Complaint Against the Journalism of Kevin Myers
Tag (You’re It)
11/22/63 abortion academic writing academic writing month Alma López archive Chicana collaboration communication community conference different seasons documentary Donna Maria Alexander gender Gloria Anzaldúa HB2281 homophobia horror Ireland Library of Congress Lorna Dee Cervantes novella open access participation PhD postgraduate Publication publishing Rage Against The Machine rape Reading research richard bachman science fiction sexuality short story shut up and write skills stephen king thesis Twitter University College Cork women writing
Archive for May, 2011
Américas Studies by Donna Maria Alexander is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- ONDA LATINA
- Aztlán Reads
- Alma López
- La Bloga
- Chicano Conversations
- Lorna Dee Cervantes
- Pew Hispanic Research